Just In

Thursday, 4 August 2011

"Chester the Jester"

How to make a lecture interesting; drop the "f" bomb and throw in lots of amusing anecdotes, just great!
Rod Chester was what journalism theory talks about and that is informative as well as entertaining.

He had all the facts that tied in with the reading on writing well and of course the wonderful "Inverted Pyramid"

I know Rod thought the 5 W's and 1H should be the sole domain of journalism but, having been involved in education at Primary Schools, both public and private, they definitely aren't nor is the inverted pyramid. Every year it teeter-totters there as Year 5 - 7 children learn how to write an article for the school newspaper/newsletter. And, horror of horrors, as I sat wearily in my Psychology lecture, what should I hear but the lecturer discussing the 5 W's and 1 H and all I could imagine was Rod calling out, " #*@*! "

No comments:

Post a Comment